Saturday, February 10, 2007

Today I had my orientation for my first paying job working in the nearby theme park Six Flags Magic Mountain as a parking lot attendant. Tomorrow I'll start my training and receive my uniform. While I'm happy I finally have a job to earn extra income, I've originally preferred a much fitting workplace that suits my tastes, which is why I previously applied at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Edwards Theaters, Ralphs, Starbucks, and Best Buy to no avail.

This week was also the start of my spring semester, and I'm both excited and nervous in taking film classes again. It's good to know that I've met some of my classmates earlier last fall, the teachers in the classes are hip and laidback (but still a strict demeanor when it comes to assignements), and I might finally break my self-imposed hiatus in making short films (though technically they were shot in video, mini DV format to be precise). Hope the same thing happens to my writer's block.

For one of my classes, the teacher assigned us to come up with an "idea journal" which I can't wait to get started. I've always considered creating a "book of thoughts" (like Fellini or Burton) once I finally got my career going in the future. In the same class, we were also told to do a "mission statement film", even though I'll almost basically do a film version of my Friendster/MySpace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home