Monday, July 24, 2006

Well, it looks like me and my family will be moving very far next month from Long Beach to Valencia before my sister goes back to the Philippines for vacation (lucky girl!). It sucks coz I already registered for fall in Long Beach City College months earlier and I'm expecting the next check for my financial aid a week before classes begin next month. It's complicated leaving with classes still not taken and having to transfer to another college to finish them, as well as the uncertainty of whether I'll still be getting financial aid due to this unfortunate turn of events. We were already finding homes in the past weeks, but the fact that we will actually be moving next month caught me by surprise and felt kinda rushed. And I really want to transfer to Cal State Long Beach.

On the other hand, Valencia is a great place (learn more about it here). The nearby community college (College of the Canyons) is just a bus ride away from our location. Valencia is the location of Six Flags Magic Mountain (which may be closing in the future) and a great educational institution called the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts for short). CalArts alumni over the years have included Tim Burton, Sofia Coppola, Paul Reubens (aka Pee-Wee Herman), and Don Cheadle. It's more well-known as the breeding ground of some of the finest animators working today, like Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack), Craig McCracken (The Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends), Stephen Hillenburg (SpongeBob SquarePants), Henry Selick (The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou), and most of the people in Pixar (John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Pete Docter, Ralph Eggleston, etc.). It just got easier for me to find another alternative of a school to transfer next once I finish my associate degree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home